THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD
And the sunshine blogger award goes to…….Darrica of the blog Dear Darrica. *crowd goes wild* *I get up with a shocked expression written all over my face* “Wow. This was totally unexpected. I can’t believe I’m standing up here accepting this award. It truly is a dream come true. First and foremost I would like to thank my parents who have stood by me throughout all of my 24 years come what may. I would also like to thank my close friends for always being there for me and supporting me throughout this blogging journey. It hasn’t been easy but it’s all been worth it.”
Did you guys like my little acceptance speech? With award season here us bloggers thought that we would get in on the action too. I’m happy to say that I’ve been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award. What is the Sunshine Blogger Award? The Sunshine Blogger Award is a nomination given to bloggers by bloggers. Members of the blogging community nominate others who they think are inspiring and bring sunshine into the lives of their readers.
Elizabeth over at Another Américaine in Paris was oh so kind as to nominate me. Her blog is all about her journey of being an American who’s trying their hand in living in a different country. My kind of girl! Make sure you guys check out her out! Now that I’ve been nominated it’s my turn to spread a little sunshine in another bloggers life.
1. Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions your nominating blogger asked you.
3. Nominate other blogs and give them 11 questions to answer.
4. Notify your nominees.
5. List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Let’s get on with the questions:
1. Why did you start blogging?
Writing has always been my favorite way to express myself. A time came when there were so many changes happening in my life that I thought it would be cool to document those changes and tell how I felt as those changes were happening. That’s when I made the decision to start blogging. I’ve taken breaks here and there but I also come back to it. I can’t imagine my life without it.
2. What is your all-time favorite thing you’ve ever written?
THIS POST. It was so different than anything that I’ve ever written before. It was more like short story I guess you could say. It took me out of my comfort zone but I’m so happy that I did it. I’m really proud of that post.
3. What are you most looking forward to in the next few months?
MY TRIP TO MEXICO! I can’t wait. It’s gonna be tons of fun.
4. What are you least looking forward to in the next few months?
Just figuring out my life and what my next step will be. I mentioned in THIS POST how difficult it’s been to adjust since I’ve been back from Nicaragua. I’m ready to prepare for my next adventure I just have to figure out what that is. I hate that part. I’m getting there though.
5. Name 1 place you would go right this second if you had a free ticket.
This is a tough one actually. The first place that came to mind was Australia. Everyone who knows me knows that that’s my dream place. I also haven’t seen my absolutely favorite cousin in over a year. We’re way over due for some time together. How about a free ticket to Australia with my cousin as an extra bonus??? I like the sound of that!
6. What is the most exciting thing you’ve ever done?
Last year I went to Nicaragua all by myself. Planned on staying for three months and ended up staying for 7. Came back home for 7 weeks then went back to Nicaragua for another three months. I would say that was pretty exciting 😉
7. What is something you’ve done that you don’t want to do again?
I never want to be afraid to be myself again. I never want to apologize for how I feel. I never want to be afraid to express my opinion just because it might be different from others. If you don’t like me and what I have to offer…..your loss!
8. Would you rather live in a big city or the rural countryside forever?
I would have to say rural countryside. I live in a big city now. I don’t hate it but I love that in the country you have a lot more space and land. What would be perfect is living not too far from the city so you can have the best of both worlds.
9. What type of food could you not live without?
Italian food! Man oh man do I love Italian food. Pasta, bread, cheese. We’re talking carb city here. It’s all so worth it. Speaking of which I’ve been on the hunt for some good chicken parm. A friend of mine told me about this restaurant in one of the suburbs of Chicago. I WILL be paying them a visit soon. I can’t wait!
10. What’s your favorite color – and how many things can you see right now that are that color?
My favorite color is black. Yes it’s a color thank you very much! Right now I can see 15 items that are that color. I guess we need to brighten things up a little bit in here huh?
11. What brings sunshine into your life?
Genuinely good people who are kind, thoughtful, loving and nice. People who accept me for me and don’t make me feel like a burden. People I know I can call on at any time and I know they’ll be there for me. That’s what brings sunshine into my life.
AND NOW FOR MY NOMINATIONS!
Any blogger can bring a little bit of sunshine into the life of their readers. Even if you’re not a “big” blogger always remember your little space on the internet is important and that you can make an impact into the life of your readers.
Here are my nominations for the Sunshine Blogger Awards:
1. Andrea from MoonlightSweetness (she created her own coffee! How cool is that?!)
2. Jessica from Everything Jess (her travel adventures are pretty amazing)
3. Elizabeth Ryan from Miss Blonde Ambition (she pretty much does EVERYTHING. It’s kinda awesome)
4. Michelle Padmore from More Mich (need a little inspiration? This is where you can find it)
Here are your questions bloggers:
1. Where would you like to be in 5 years?
2. What was the experience that impacted you the most in your life?
3. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to cross off your bucket list, but haven’t yet?
4. If you could choose one superpower, what would it be and why?
5. How would your best friends describe you?
6. If you could change anything about your past, what would it be?
7. What’s the one thing you would like to change about yourself today and why?
8. Where do you go when you need some inspiration?
9. Who is the first person you call when you’re in trouble?
10. What is the best advice you’ve ever been given?
11. What is your favorite childhood memory?
Now go spread some sunshine! I could use it. It’s snowing and grey here in Chicago 🙁