With me being in Mexico right now I’ve decided to share with you guys one of my favorite Mexican inspired recipes. It’s a hit with my family every time I make it. Not only is it packed full of flavor but it’s healthy, really easy to make and doesn’t take a lot of time. Everything I look for in a recipe. I hope you guys give it a try! If you do leave a comment below and let me know what you think!
1 red bell pepper
1 red onion
2 4 oz. cans of green chilies
16 oz package of Ground turkey
2 jalapeños (optional)
1 pack of corn tortillas (at least 12)
1 can refried beans
1 can black beans
1 pack cheddar jack cheese
1. First in a skillet start to brown your ground turkey over medium heat.
2. While your ground turkey is browning, in a second skillet, heat about 2 tbsp of olive oil
3. While your olive oil is heating chop the red bell, red onion, and cilantro
4. Add the chopped vegetables to the hot olive oil
5. Once the bell pepper and onion have gotten tender, add your now browned ground turkey
6. Next rinse off your black beans in a colander
7. Add the black beans and green chiles to the ground turkey mixture
8. (Optional) Cut up jalapeños and add to the mixture
9. Next season the mixture to taste using cumin, salt and pepper
10. After your mixture is seasoned, take 6 tortillas and spread them out in a 9×13 pan
11. Take 2/3 cups of refried beans and spread it across the tortillas
12. Take half of the ground turkey mixture and spread it on top of the refried beans
13. Next take 6 more tortillas and layer them on top of the layer of ground turkey
14. Repeat steps 11 and 12
15. Top with a generous amount of cheese
16. Preheat the oven to 450 and cook for 30 mins
17. Cut, serve and enjoy!
I hope you guys enjoy this recipe! Talk to you next week!