Need a good dessert idea? Shanna's got you covered! Check out her lemon pie!
EASY PEASY LEMON PIE
Need something sweet but didn’t have much time to spare? Here’s a recipe I learned from my mom that will impress guests but is a cinch to make. Whether you’re cooking for potluck at work or an impromptu dinner party, this quick dessert won’t let you down.This recipe uses very basic, easy to find ingredients.
Easy Peasy Lemon Pie
What You’ll Need:
2 Cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk
½ cup of Lemon Juice…or more (I’ll explain)
2 egg yolks
10 inch pre-made graham cracker crust
(Optional) Garnish with lemon zest and a dollop of whipped topping.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat egg yolks in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, add sweetened condensed milk and ½ cup of lemon juice.
- Continue to add a tablespoon of lemon juice until desired balance of sweet and tart.
- Once you get a nice balance (to your taste) has been achieved then add to mixer bowl with eggs and whip until well combined. Pour into crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool until aluminum pan is cool to the touch.
- Place in refrigerator once pie is completely cool and allow to chill for up to another hour.
This pie will be very light and smooth. Every time I’ve made this, it’s devoured and I have none left over to take home! When my mom would make this pie, she’d always make two because they’d always have to be one that didn’t get put out on the dessert table. Remember, the flavor is really flexible. It can be as sweet as you like or as tart as you like! Hope your family and friends love this pie for years to come as much as my crew!
Shanna Fife, Ms. Naturally Random, is a blogger based in Raleigh, NC. Ms. Naturally Random a lifestyle blog covering motherhood, beauty, food & style. Here you will find a unique blend of mother and wife tales, beauty deals, style inspirations and foodie recipes!